I'm going to introduce the girls and give you a snapshot of life at
the Triplex. We live there and work together year-round at the best camp on
God's green earth. We've all come at different times for different reasons, but
our purpose is the same. We want to serve God and our Lord Jesus Christ in this
unique ministry...and we love it!
My name is
Natalie. I work in the office. I have also worked in the kitchen and in promotion
several summers in the past. I LOVE to read and write! And if you ask me to
play ping-pong I won't object, (but I also won't win.)
Angie, Rachel, and
Ruth live downstairs with me. If you’ve been to Camp Joy and enjoyed our food,
Rachel has had a hand in it (literally), especially recently since she became
the head cook. Angie is the baker and works with Rachel in the kitchen making
delicious desserts.
Ruth is one of the heads of housekeeping and she oversees the
hospitality side of your visit at camp. She, together with Hannah and Aunt
Carol, launders all the bedding and towels and keeps the rooms fresh and
enjoyable.
Hannah lives upstairs in the Triplex with Aunt Carol. They are a
pair! Hannah is our cowgirl! She loves horses, and takes care of our horses in
the summer time. She and Ruth also run the snack shops. Aunt Carol has been
affectionately named because she has become so much like family to everyone,
and we love her. She often takes a lot of convincing to slow down and rest
because she wants to charge right ahead and get everything done at once. We
learn to look out for one another.
We're all musicians, but some are better than others. Angie plays
the harp like an angel. Rachel and Ruth play the piano. Rachel also plays the
guitar. I play the piano and French horn, and we all like to sing. Every
once in a while, we get together for a shin-dig and sing along with the
guitar. Hannah also plays the guitar and usually joins us for our jam sessions.
(We especially love strawberry jam!)
Well, we’ll be keeping you updated and amused with news from the Triplex
and beyond. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment